Wednesday, December 7, 2011

10 Days Out

Well, dear readers, the time is drawing near.  And after my complaints previously, Matt and I decided to heck with what we planned, and we are rearranging the reception.

 

We can comfortably fit 144 people, which is grand, because including us, 117 have said “YES! We are coming!”  So that leaves about 25 extra seats for lame people that don’t RSVP.  (Just kidding.)  So now I am working on a seating chart and place cards.  It’s almost finished.  I need to find out two peoples last names and then I can print it out. 

 

We added cucumber sandwiches and radish sandwiches to the menu, as well as fruit and cheese platters and veggie platters.  The ambrosia, cupcakes, and cookies will round that out, and we will have lemonade, tea, coffee, and water to drink.  Wedding cake will complete the menu.  So it should be a rather light luncheon.  People won’t be able to stuff themselves, but they will not leave hungry.

 

After we eat, we are going to play games.  I am scouring my family’s game cupboard for at least 20 games to have available, and then we will pick up 8 – 10 sets of playing cards, along with instructions for playing different kinds of games.  We may also pick up some 100 piece puzzles. 

 

After that, we are going to do open mike toasting, and then we will cut the cake.  At about 5:30, Matt and I will take our leave, and then cleanup.  I think it will be a very fun time.

1 comment:

  1. STEPH I REALLY WISH I COULD BE THERE!!! I MISS YOU AND I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete