Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Saturday & Sunday - Gaming & Father's Day, respectively

I wish I had pictures to share, but sadly, I did not take any.  Sharon (Matt's mother) has some of Father's Day, so I will ask her to email them to me.
 
On Saturday, Mom and I started sewing the petticoat for the wedding dress.  We cut out the satin for the base skirt, and sewed the skirt.  Mom put the zipper in.  I'm not good at zippers.  :)  I cut out the netting for the petticoat.  I'm using about ten yards, so it will be very poufy!  I got frustrated with the uncooperative netting, and so not all the edges are exactly 24".  Some a little less, some a little more.  It's just netting!!!  We had to stop after sewing the bottom layer of tulle together, because it was 11 AM, and I had to go gaming.
 
Matt and I drove out to Riverside to game with his friends.  Robert's girlfriend Jocelyn was coming, and I felt like I should come to keep her company.  (I was going to try on wedding dresses at Mon Amie in Costa Mesa, but that is postponed for a few weeks.)  I fell asleep - twice - at gaming and managed to spill Hawaiian Punch over my character sheet, but I brought yummy food (upside down pineapple cake!  Yum!). 
 
On Sunday, Matt and I went to church, and afterwards got Dave a popcorn bowl from World Market and some popcorn.  Sharon made lunch - which was quite yummy!  After, the boys were playing with a shooting game that Dave got.  I fell asleep - again.  Later that evening, we went to see The Green Lantern, which was not my favorite superhero movie.  The bad guy in it was just way too creepy, and it was just... cheesy.  I liked X - Men way better.  Everyone else had a good time.
 
On Monday night, Matt picked me up from work, and we saw Bridesmaids.  I did not really like it.  It was very painful to watch.  BUT, we saw the trailer for The Help, and I promptly downloaded the book on my way to work on Tuesday.  I must say, this is seriously one of the best books I have ever read.  It's amazing.  The author captures the characters so perfectly - I couldn't put it down, and I finished it that evening.  One of the girls at work gave me The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, so I will start that on my lunch, perhaps. 

No comments:

Post a Comment