Monday, June 27, 2011

Birthday Weekend



On Friday, Mom made pizza for dinner, and then we had Election Cake.  During the 1800's - not sure which decade - Election Cake was given to persons who voted a straight ticket.  Election Cake has figs and walnuts in it.
On Saturday, we went to Gina's house.  Jocelyn, Robert, and Andrew came over.  It was fun.  The boys played Twister.
On Sunday, we went to church, then to Trinity's softball game.  After, we went back to the Cuff house.  Trinity, Matt, and I went swimming for a little bit, then we got ready for Dave's party.  The party was very fun, but I was exhausted, and I took a nap on Matt's bed for a few hours, then he took me home.  Sharon has pictures - I'll try to get them.
Today, Matt has an interview in Lynwood.  I'm excited for him, and I hope it goes well.  Lynwood is 12 miles from my house, but it's 36 miles from his house.  I wish it wasn't so far for him to drive, but I want him to get it so we can live in Orange County after we get married.  Most of my friends are moving to Irvine over the next six months, and I would like to live in Irvine.  It's an absolutely beautiful area, and one of the safest cities in the United States.  It's the kind of city where the police get called to get a cat out of a tree, not for a bank robbery. 
Matt really wants to live in the Valley, though.  If we live up there, we will live in North Hollywood or Burbank.  But Irvine - ah, that would be wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment