Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Lazy Girl Cake Decorating

If you need a quick way to decorate a cake, this is a very easy way to do it.

 

Bake your cake as directed.  I used a spice cake.  Make sure when you bake the cake to spray oil and flour the sides of the cake pan.  After the cake is finished baking, wait until it is slightly warm to the touch before you take it out of the pan.  The cake won’t crack or break apart this way. 

 

When the cake is cool, frost it.  I used a Betty Crocker whipped vanilla frosting, since my husband hates cream cheese frosting.  I only frosted the top.  When I make 9x13 cakes, I don’t frost the sides.

 

After that, take a cookie cutter of your choice and position it on the cake.  Use your fingers to sprinkle sugar in the design. 

 

 

 

 

 

I used brown sugar to match the spice cake, but a cinnamon/sugar combo or colored sugar would look great.  Or cocoa powder for a dark chocolaty taste.

 

 

Once you fill in the design, press the sugar into the frosting, then carefully lift the cookie cutter up from the cake. 

 

 

Perfect shapes with minimal effort.  It seriously took me less than 10 minutes to frost and decorate the cake.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment