Thursday, April 21, 2011

I posted this in a wedding forum today. 

My dream wedding was a little chapel, New England style, with lunch at a eco-friendly cafe.  I wanted a 50's style lace dress with a chic birdcage veil.  It was my "grown up wedding" fantasy.

Until FI told me the entire church had to be invited.  :)  And so I thought, "Hey, if we're doing a church wedding, we're doing a complete, full on church wedding."  Cathedral length train, pipe organ, 300 + people, blusher veil.  And it's rather fun to plan.  True, it's something that my 16 year old self probably would have envisioned (at the time I dreamed of law school, NOT weddings), but everyone else thinks it's a grand wedding.

When it comes down to it, I don't expect this day to be the best day of my life.  I expect I will feel like I'm having an out of body experience.  I expect the day to flash by in a whirl.  I expect to savor a few special moments: vows, Dad walking me down the aisle, the first dance.  But I think the best day of my life will probably come later in my life.  Maybe when I get pregnant.  Maybe when I come home to FI for the first time EVER.  Maybe our 10th anniversary. 

No comments:

Post a Comment