Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Chores

What happens when two messy and stubborn people move in together?

 

A pigsty, lovingly referred to as “our house”.

 

I’m starting to finally organize our home.  This week, I’m going through all our boxes and getting rid of things we don’t need.  I’ve had curtains waiting to be hung since February, so I think my husband is going to hang them this week.  We have fabric for a slipcover for the couch waiting to be sewn, as well as lots of fabric for pillows, just sitting there.

 

My biggest concern is all the clothes I have that are just a LITTLE too small.  I’m hoping I can fit into them this fall.  But what to do with them now?  I guess just box them up?

 

And then, once that is done, we are implementing a chore list.  Ideally, we should have done this before we got married.  But we were busy, and lazy, and didn’t feel like it. 

 

Here’s our chore list.  For the daily chores, BOLD means evening chores, non bold means morning chores 

 

Chore List

 

Daily Chores

 


Stephanie

 

Make Bed

Hang Towels to Dry

Cook Dinner

Unload Dishwasher

Sweep Kitchen

 

Matt

 

Make Breakfast

Fix Lunches

Start Dishwasher

Wipe Down Kitchen Counters

Take Out Trash

 


 

Weekly Chores

 

Monday: Laundry

Saturday – Matt: Vacuum & Dust

Saturday – Steph: Clean Bathroom & Mop Kitchen

 

We shall see how this works.  But I know we really need to discipline ourselves when it comes to cleaning.  If we don’t do it now, then life will be so much harder once we have kids.  (Which isn’t for awhile, but I’m thinking ahead!)

1 comment:

  1. Ah, chores. I actually grew up with a ton of structure, so cleaning every day comes pretty naturally to me. I do it without thinking. Luke, OTOH, got his own place and never cleaned again. Now he's trying to retrain himself.

    I just try to keep in mind that everybody wants to ride a thoroughbred but nobody wants to muck the stalls. The thing is, the two are no more separable than heads and tails on a quarter. Wanting to have a place to live is the same as wanting to clean it. The two are only different in our wretched imaginations, LoL.

    ReplyDelete