Thursday, September 22, 2011

Dessert Reception Ideas

Life has been pretty normal lately – thank goodness!  For awhile things were so hectic, I thought I would never get another good night’s sleep again!

 

It is confirmed, I am ordering my dress from China (www.dressilyme.com), and it should be here right before Thanksgiving.  You don’t get to see it until the wedding (or pictures).

 

I am trying to figure out the reception food.  My vision is a dessert reception, with tons of cookies and cakes.  Like this:

 

 

Or this:

 

 

Or this:

 

 

I want a cake buffet in there too.  Like this:

 

 

Or this:

 

 

Or this:

 

 

Now I have to figure out how to make all this for 200 people.

 

I was planning on making 800 cookies, 4 sheet length heart shaped cakes (Awesome idea – 2 layer heart shaped cakes!), and 8 Viennese style cakes (each is 1 layer).  If there are 200 people, that is 4 cookies a person, and the cakes will serve about 150.  My aunt Ruthie is making my wedding cake, so that will serve about 120 – 150, so everyone will get a piece of cake and 4 cookies.  I think that I would also like 150 cupcakes, and about 100 brownies.  The great thing about baked goods is that they are so cheap.  For the brownies, I just need 4 box mixes and cupcake liners to put the brownies in.  For the cupcakes, that is the liners, 6 box mixes, and 3 cans of frosting.  Rather inexpensive, but still a stunning display. 

 

Matt says that people will help with food, but I would rather have enough food for everyone, without needing help.  And if people want to help, then fruit and tea sandwiches are what I would like best.  So we will see!!


1 comment:

  1. I think it's a great idea! Cupcakes seem to be really "in" right now. Just went to a party and each table had a tier of all different cupcakes - each one looked amazing! LOVE the pictures, too! :0)

    ReplyDelete