Monday, September 24, 2012

Quiet Weekend

I came down with an inner ear infection about two weeks ago, and it seemed to be going away (thanks to antibiotics).  But on Thursday and Friday night last week, I kept waking up with intense pain in my ear. 

 

So on Saturday morning, Matt took me to Urgent Care.  Turns out my infection went to my outer ear.  Ouch!  I got different antibiotics, ear drops, and pain meds.  I don’t like the ear drops – they make my ear super itchy.  But I love the pain meds!  It is hydrocodone with acetaminophen.  I get super drowsy, my arms get tingly, and everything is funny.  Oh – and there is no pain whatsoever.  Yay!

 

Other than that, things are pretty quiet.  We are waiting for the results of Matt’s apprenticeship examination.  If he passed, he should get an interview.  But the program doesn’t start til January, so we have awhile to wait, anyway.  Hopefully we will start getting unemployment money in a couple weeks. 

 

Both Beth and Gina are engaged, and it looks like their weddings will be about a week apart next October.  I’m so excited for both of them.  I made Julia a quilt for her wedding with her wedding colors.  Gina requested one with her wedding colors, and I think Beth would like one out of her wedding colors, so I need to start thinking about patterns.  I’d like to do a double wedding ring quilt (Example: http://www.paperpanache.com/ecart/pix/DWRgal/DaggetT9.jpg), but I have heard they are super difficult. 

 

We are enjoying going to Our Savior Lutheran in Arcadia.  The pastor is very friendly, and I enjoy his sermons.  He does a small children’s sermon before the main sermon, and it is always amusing and thought provoking.  The congregation sings hymns, and this past Sunday, they used hymns I did not know!!  I couldn’t believe it!  We are going to continue going for another month or so, and then if we still like it, we will consider becoming members. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment