Friday, September 7, 2012

Pre-Kids Bucket List

I have a list of things I want to get done before we have kids. 

 

·         Purchase a second car (something cheap for Matt to putt around town in). 

·         Purchase a washer/dryer (this one doesn’t need a vent: http://www.homedepot.com/buy/lg-electronics-36-cu-ft-doe-high-efficiency-all-in-one-washer-and-electric-dryer-in-white-wm3987hw.html).  

·         Scrapbook our wedding pictures, plus all our other pictures too. 

·         Find a second couch, more chests and shelves (and finally get all our stuff out of boxes), and a new bed.

·         Paint our bedroom.

·         Get a shower curtain and get rid of that awful sliding door.

·         Hang curtains, sew couch throw pillows.

·         Purchase a television (least important).

 

The italicized stuff is what I won’t do until January, when we find out if we are staying in North Hollywood or moving elsewhere.  We won’t know until we know if Matt gets into the sheet metal apprenticeship program.  He had an interview at Harbor Freight earlier this week, and the manager liked him, but we won’t know for a week or so if he got a job there.  It’s only part time, but it’s something.

 

Tomorrow, Matt is gaming, so I am determined to sew the throw pillows, at the very least.  I’ve had the fabric since, oh, March, but I just haven’t sewn them.  I also have some emerald taffeta that I want to sew into a circle skirt.  Along with laundry and other cleaning, it should be a busy day for me!

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment